Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Stories: Full Term




This is a story that my great-grandmother wrote about her own mother, my great-great grandmother. Hope you enjoy it. :)

When my mother was small one of the schools near her home had a group of teenage boys who caused so much trouble no teacher would put up with it. They would leave before the end of the term. One term they hired a young man who was a stranger. They told him some of the troubles but he seemed unconcerned. On the first day of school he walked up to his desk carrying an awful looking horse whip. He hung it on the wall behind him, and turning to the students he said with a pleasant smile, "I use that to defend myself, and am very efficient in its use. I've won many trophies but I just hope we don't have to use it here." He didn't, and he taught the full term.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...