Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Thrift Store Finds

I am off on Mondays so I like to hit the thrift stores with my sweetie. Here is what I found this past Monday.



I found three of these beautiful made in Bavaria handpainted and artist signed porcelain plates. I wasn't sure that I wanted to buy all three but when I got home and researched the mark I am sure glad that I got all three.



I love pottery, especially handmade pottery in blues and browns. I feel like I am rescuing a little piece of Americana when I bring home these gems. Yes, just like the boys from the "American Pickers" TV show!



Yee Haw! I love this 1950s era Tourist trade piece! It goes right along with my other western themed items.




I love books, especially old children's books. The Abe Lincoln book is from 1956. The "Pu Der Bar" is from the 1970s but I just had to have it because it is a German language verson of "Winnie the Pooh".

I'm adding this post to Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday. Join the fun!

6 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my goodness, those plates are absolutely beautiful! What a great find! Your other finds are awesome, looks like it was a great shopping day for you!

Nancy

Ami Allison said...

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE Thrifting! The GW over here is haven a 50% off EVERYTHING sale Saturday! I can't WAIT!!!

BTW I hit 100 followers and I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate! Go check it out and enter!!! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com/2010/08/whoo-hoo-100-followers-giveaway.html

raggygirlvintage said...

Great finds, looks like you got some real treasures! Thanks for visiting!
Tracey

Lindy said...

Great finds. I love thrifting and can't get enough of it.
Thanks so much for the visit.

Jill said...

I really like the books! German for Winnie the Pooh--I wonder if I would have figured that out? neat!

Lesa said...

I adore vintage books-- I would have snapped those up too! The Pu der bar is too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...