Friday, August 20, 2010

Forgotten Fridays: Typewriters



I am old enough to not only remember typewriters but to have actually used them in school and at work. I even took a typing class in High School and was bummed because I got a C. Many school reports and letters were composed on a typewriter. My favorite typewriter was my early 1970s Underwood student portable with cover. I won it in a magazine subscription selling contest. In those days, mistakes were not as easy to remedy as the ease of typing on a computer keyboard today.

Here is a retro style business card that I designed that is in my Reprise Vintage shop.

2 comments:

Jill said...

My gosh I love old typewriters! I'm so torn by the neat jewelry made from the keys and not wanting a single of those beauties ever destroyed! I use a couple of them in my projects so I have "authentic" old type instead of going to my computer.

Graceful Antiques and Vintage Collectibles said...

It is funny to see your post as I was just thinking today that my typing class has served me well in my business. I thought I was going to be a typist and guess I am somewhat. I love old typewriters. Nice article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...