Monday, January 11, 2010

Pause & Refresh



My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.
Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)

True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.
William Penn (1644 - 1718)

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward.
Margaret Fairless Barber

To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

You find yourself refreshed by the presence of cheerful people. Why not make an honest effort to confer that pleasure on others? Half the battle is gained if you never allow yourself to say anything gloomy.
Lydia M. Child

I love vintage signs! Here is a design I created for my Reprise Vintage shop using a photograph I took of a vintage soft drink sign.

How do you refresh and renew yourself?

2 comments:

Aimz said...

hi there, just stopping by to say thanks for your comment at my blog :-)
checking yours out now.

Unknown said...

How do I refresh myself? I have a Coke and a Smile. ;^D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...